Why Store Umbilical Cord Blood Stem Cells?
The umbilical cord blood can be collected at the time of the birth which is a rich source of Haematopoietic Stem Cells (HSCs).
• Umbilical cord blood stem cells being rich in HSCs are best suited for blood related diseases.
• Umbilical cord blood stem cells have already been used to treat Type-1 Diabetes, Cerebral Palsy, Immune System Defects, and are in clinical trials to treat many new diseases every year.
• Umbilical cord blood stem cells have already treated more than 20, 000 patients alone.
• Collection of umbilical cord blood is easy, painless and with no risk to mother and baby.
• As of April 2022, Cryo-Save has stored umbilical cord blood samples of more than 145,000 parents for their babies future health.
Why Store Umbilical Cord Tissue?
The tissue of the umbilical cord which doctors call "Wharton Jelly" is a rich source of Mesenchymal Stem Cells (MSCs); a cell type which is common in bone marrow but hard to find in cord blood.
• MSCs have a unique ability to help a damaged organ to regenerate and are often found in damaged tissues.
• MSCs have been used to make bone, cartilage, nerve tissues, pancreatic and liver.
• MSCs have been used to treat many diseases including heart problems, bowel disease, bone, and cartilage and immune system defects.
• Collection of umbilical cord tissue is easy, painless and with no risk to mother and baby.
• Cryo-Save lab is also used for umbilical cord tissue; their storage procedure is to freeze the whole length of umbilical cord without cell separation.