HTA Licence 22520
Procurement of Tissues and Cells for Human Application
ISO 9001-2008 for Procurement, Distribution, Import/Export of Tissues and Cells for Human Application.
0800 11 CELLS (23557)
|NAT/PCR Test & Maternal Blood Testing|
1. At Cryo-Save Labs we use state of the art laboratory practice. Therefore we were the first to introduce NAT/PCR-testing on the cord blood samples. PCR is a novel method to test the presence of a virus or a parasite instead of testing for antibodies.
2. Maternal Blood collected at the time of birth is tested for Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) 1-2, Hepatitis C, Hepatitis B and Syphilis.
3. Since we perform NAT/PCR on the cord blood, a repeat maternal serology is not required after 180 days.
4. Following PCR tests are performed to determine the health of the specimen:
5. Testing Protocol followed by Cryo-Save is in compliance with the requirements of the Human Tissue (Quality and Safety for Human Application) Regulations 2007 and the Human Tissue Authority (HTA) Directions 003/2010.